Clearwater Police Department
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
If this incident is Traffic Crash Related, please call Clearwater Police Communications at 727-562-4242. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to
file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking
software before filing the report.
If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our
Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the limits of the City of Clearwater, Florida?
- There are No Known suspects? IF YOU HAVE A SUSPECT you CANNOT use this system. You will need to contact the Clearwater Police Communications Center at 727-562-4242 and have an officer respond to take a report.
- There are no firearms or other weapons involved? If so, you CANNOT use this system. You will need to contact the Clearwater Police Communications Center at 727-562-4242 and have an officer respond to take a report.
- The incident does not involve the theft of a motor vehicle.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
*** Please do not use this e-mail address to report crimes other than those listed below or to request information on previous crimes reported to an officer. You can contact the Communications Center at 727-562-4242 to report any other type of crime. For information on cases already submitted please contact Police Records at 727-562-4242.
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police
report is complete.
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print an unofficial copy of the report to keep for your records.
- Be sent a confirmation and an official copy of your report by e-mail so long as:
- You provide a valid e-mail address.
- You may need to add "email@example.com" to your contact list so that the notifications are not rejected by your e-mail provider as "spam" or junk e-mail.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed,
you may be contacted.
- Upon approval by a Clearwater Police Department representative, you will be notified by e-mail of the permanent case number and also receive a copy of the approved case report.
- If the case report is rejected by a Clearwater Police Department representative, you will be notified by e-mail of the reason for the rejection.
IT IS A CRIME TO FILE A FALSE POLICE REPORT!
Any intentionally false information or misstatement may result in criminal prosecution.
Using the Clearwater Police Department Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the
following incidents (please choose one):