[ Previous Page ]
1. Visiting dignitaries or officials.
Applicants must complete the Ride-Along application and required forms and submit the completed application and forms to:
Clearwater Police Department
If you have any questions please call 727-562-4152 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday.
CLEARWATER POLICE DEPARTMENT RIDE ALONG PROGRAM RULES AND GUIDELINES:
1. All persons wishing to participate in the Ride-Along program must be a minimum of 18 years old.
2. All participants in the Ride-Along Program must read, agree, and abide by all rules and guidelines and complete the Ride-Along application and the “Covenant Not to Sue, Promise to Release” waiver form before the Ride Along. If the participant is a juvenile, the parent(s) or guardian(s) must sign the waiver and have it notarized before an approval can be granted.
3. Participants are only permitted to ride once every six months. The ride will last approximately four hours.
4. Participants must have a valid photo ID or driver’s license with them when reporting for their scheduled ride-along.
5. Participants must be dressed in clothing appropriate for contact with the public (no shorts, halter tops, t-shirts, or flip-flops). If a participant shows up for their ride and they are not in appropriate clothing they will be denied participation in the ride-along program.
6. Participants shall be considered an observer only, and shall be under the direct supervision of the assigned officer during the ride-along.
7. Participants shall conduct themselves in a civil and courteous manner at all times.
8. Participants must wear their seat belts at all times while in the patrol car.
9. Participants must remain in the patrol car unless instructed to leave by an officer.
10. In the case of a potentially dangerous or hazardous call, participants may be dropped off at a safe location. If this occurs, the officer will give the participant specific instructions and arrange to have them picked up by another officer. Please note that this is for the rider’s safety.
11. Participants must not become involved in any incident the officer is handling. This includes discussions of an incident with victims, witnesses, or suspects.
12. No tape recordings, cameras, or similar devices are allowed without prior approval from the Chief of Police or his designee.
13. For security and safety reasons, participants are not allowed to handle or use any of the officer’s equipment or the equipment in the patrol vehicle.
14. Failure to comply with any of the above listed rules and guidelines will result in the immediate termination of the ride-along.
|[ Previous Page ]||[ Top of Page ]|
|City Home | Information | Services | Activities | Government | Employment|
|Site Map | Español | Contact Us | Legal Notices|
|Page last updated Thursday, December 08, 2011|
|©2006 City of Clearwater|